Friday 13 March 2015

Let's try this: Weight-Gain Doesn't Work

Unbelievable though it is to my brain, this is still happening. Folks are still conflating weight loss, with weight loss dieting-repeating the bizarre; "Weight-Loss doesn't work."

Now I realize I'm at a disadvantage in pointing out the blatantly obvious to the world. I'm not a reality diviner.

Despite going out of my way to accommodate this tedious pretention- by quoting white guys, people are still clinging to a convenient falsehood transmitted by the apparently eval slimming industry.  So why oh why, oh pretty please, pray tell must you continue? Is it an in-joke, am I out of the loop, whaaa?

Permit me take a different tack.

What if I say "Weight-gain doesn't work" how does that sound?

I'm sure you'll note that weight gain is an outcome, not a singular plan. I'm sure you'll note that weight loss is an outcome, not a singular plan. Weight gain happens spontaneously or it can happen as the result of deliberately planned contrivance, i.e. force-feeding. Weight loss happens spontaneously, or it can happen as the result of a deliberately planned contrivance, i.e. weight loss dieting.

Despite this, you can tell that force-feeding is not the same as weight gain. Despite this you can tell that weight loss dieting is not the same as weight loss. You'd know immediately that if force-feeding was conflated with weight gain, that would be odd. You'd know immediately (if not for the slimming industry et al)  that if weight loss dieting was conflated with weight loss, that would be odd.

I'll bet you get that force-feeding is not the same as being in a heightened state of hunger-i.e. when you haven't eaten all day and that this is not the same as having excessive hunger signalling. I'll bet you get that weight loss dieting is not the same as having no feeling of hunger-i.e. after you've just eaten to your desire and that this is not the same as feeling unable to act on your hunger.

I know you also get why saying "weight gain doesn't work" makes nooo sense whatsoever. I know you too get why saying "weight loss doesn't work" makes nooo sense whatsoever. Because weight gain is the outcome, force-feeding a method of achieving that deliberately. Because weight loss is the outcome, weight loss dieting a method of achieving that deliberately.

Weight loss, two words, is an outcome. Weight loss dieting  note three words, is supposed to lead to that.

I know you get it really.....

No comments:

Post a Comment